Turquoise Bisbee

Hi. I recently found this good looking turquoise pendant. On the back it says Bisbee Blue and 20 cts, with initials WB or WD. I think it’s likely bisbee from what I can tell from my research online, but am unable to find a similar signature, conjoined WD or WB, in Hougart’s book of marks. Any ideas? Thank you! Lin

15 Likes

What a beautiful piece. Don’t worry about the hallmark it is the stone that makes this piece, congratulations.

3 Likes

Thanks Jason. It is a good rock. :blush:. Online it seems as if the favored bisbee turquoise is a dark blue. This shade seems a bit unusual. I quite like it.

2 Likes

Darker usually means a higher grade, but the color in your rock is very appealing. Looking on nevadagem.com and he is selling his Bisbee at $6 a carat, so you got at least a hundred dollar rock.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! :blush:

1 Like

I had posted a bracelet and Jason had pointed out a stone on it as Bisbee. The dark blue was what he was referring to. Last year, much to my surprise, I was informed that all of the stones on it came from the same Bisbee mine. You can see it here:

1 Like