Turquoise orrrrr?

Still trying to familiarize myself with all the different variations of turquoise and other stones :exploding_head: anywho… fell in love with this piece but the turquoise looks ‘fake’ to me. The matrix just looks like pen scribbles lol. Someone change my mind please because I want to believe it’s real. :crossed_fingers:Is there genuine turquoise out there which looks like this? Thinking the necklace is Probably mexican? Stamped sterling, 925 MM

I hate to say, but i’m 99.99% sure this is block (faux) turquoise. It’s a very common look for block, with the string-like matrix lines.

It’s an interesting neck cuff - I’ve not seen one like this that looks like it is meant to sit with the opening in front. I’m wondering if it orignally was designed differently and was damaged at some point and modified, and then the stones added later. They don’t look original to the piece.

happy hunting!

2 Likes

I think it was definitely made originally to be worn this way, as the curve of the necklace wouldn’t sit right, if reversed. But the open front concept had me at first sight so I purchased it anyway. I love it. Anyone else have any thoughts on the turquoise?? :grimacing: even if its Afghan? Or Chinese? Lol has ANYBODY ever seen ANYTHING genuine that resembles this? I’m still hoping lol. I want to love it but knowing it’s false just hurts my soul.

1 Like

What the stone is trying to be is a piece of Number Eight Turquoise. It can be confusing. The difference between a block and dyed is you will not have any of that white, a block stone will be blue all the way through. I do believe you have a piece of block, but please do not let that hurt your soul. Just move forward with the idea you are not sure and wear it.
The stone in the ring is a piece of Number Eight.

These are images of more block turquoise and a webbed Egyptian stone

2 Likes