Two different stones?

Would this have been made with obviously different types of turquoise. Note I have another that is extremely similar with the same greenish color as the other . But that light blue is throwing me off. Doesn’t look to have been replaced by looking at the bevel. But could it have possibly been red coral and someone put in a piece of turquoise at a later date. Uninformed that typically stones don’t get mix matched? Either way I was thinking about replacing it with red coral. I have some very nice pieces

2 Likes

Yes, it could have been made with two different stone colors. Here, for example, it looks like a Sleeping Beauty paired with a Blue Gem, for what I consider a gorgeous effect. And sometimes two stones start out the same but one changes because of its porosity. I personally love this look, when stones “vibrate” together because of the slight color difference.

3 Likes

I see what you mean. It definitely stood out to me as well. I just wasnt sure. I have some stones such as the light blue one. I’m told they are possibly persian. but I have been told from several different times that trading companies have imported turquoise from the middle east since around 1880 for native Americans. So it doesn’t mean much when it comes to verification of age or region the jewelry is made. 140 years Is a long time. but I was curious more than anything

1 Like

Thank you. I can see what you mean by vibration. It gives a warming feeling