Unusual Multistone Kachina Pendant

Not sure about this. I have never seen anything like it. It is very roughly made. 3 3/4 inches long by 2 inches wide and heavy. Any thoughts on stone types, origins or value would be appreciated. I like unusual and I know some of you do as well. It looks like someone invested the money in Turquoise to make this…

The figure with its bands of inlay and dark backing reminds me of the Depression-era thunderbird tab necklaces. I believe artists of the Santo Domingo tribe made that kind of jewelry.

It did come in a load of Heishi. You said reminds you of…as in similar but newer than that?

I said “reminds me” because I don’t know much about this kind of jewelry or this period of jewelry-making, and I’ve seen more thunderbirds than kachina figures.

There was a museum exhibit on it within the last 10 years. One of those times when you wish there was a good catalog.

For instance, I was reading a listing that touted the yellow beak of the thunderbird, and stated that color is rare in these necklaces. I wouldn’t have known that, but when I think about it, I recall more red, turquoise, white and black than yellow.

Thanks! I was able to find some examples online that seem similar. I will continue to search…