Vintage coral and Bisbee (?) belt buckle

This big old buckle is only hallmarked with an L. It has red coral, fairly intricate floral and leaf design and a large square of turquoise that looks to me like it may be Bisbee.
I’m hopeful that someone may recognize the hallmark or the style and be able to help with identification. I’m also asking for help deciding if the turquoise is actually Bisbee. An approximate value would be a bonus. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge. image image image image image

9 Likes

Looks like you have been coming across some nice pieces lately!

1 Like

Yes I’ve been finding some nice things recently but my wallet is starting to scream! I’d love to hear your opinion about any of them. Thanks :blush:

1 Like

What a beautiful piece of turquoise :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Wallet screaming! Lol
but your jewelry box (Boxes) must be purrrrring!

4 Likes

I wouldn’t call that Bisbee, but it definitely is a beautiful stone. Lutricia Yellowhair uses a hallmark like that and she would have definitely been making jewelry like this in the 1980s. I will see if I can remember to ask her. She is Ron Bedonie’s mother and maybe do a little research see if you can match this style to her. She also did work for Rocking Horse Ranch.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll do some research. @Jason If you have time would you please look at the Rose Abeyta pendant and beads. I’ve not had much luck finding out anything about her. I’m also wondering if the turquoise is Kingman or maybe something exotic? :wink: