Vintage Lister bracelet; opinions on turquoise, etc

This is a great heavy cuff I’ve always assumed is by Ernie Lister. It appears to be hand-worked thick ingot. The turquoise appears natural and just glows. The Matrix is a deep brownish-red, my pictures don’t do it justice. I have my opinion, but I’d appreciate you all weighing in.

Also, the hallmark is not consistent with what I can document in my resources. I don’t have Hougart’s most recent edition. Is anyone familiar with this hallmark for Ernie Lister?

12 Likes

The turquoise kinda looks like what’s in a cuff of mine that Jason thought might be Indian Mountain.

Or some nice spider web Kingman. But I’m just a novice!

It’s gorgeous! Wish I didn’t have to watch the budget so closely now…:crazy_face:

4 Likes

Yeah, Indian Mountain was on my list of possibilities because of the dark brownish red matrix. From what I know it became available in the 80’s; I think this cuff was likely made around that time. I pretty much rejected Kingman spiderweb because of its typical black web. Turquoise Mountain and many of the Nevada mines ( Red Mountain, Nevada Blue, Godbur-Burnham) can also produce similar brown-red spiderweb, so, I’ll likely never know.
But thanks for your input about Indian Mountain, I’m sure there are others in the group that may have ideas too!

4 Likes

I really didn’t know much about that turquoise. I always assumed the stone in my cuff was Kingman, and then somebody in Sedona told me they thought it was Stormy Mountain. But Jason felt it was very possibly Indian Mountain, so since then I’ve looked it up. I wouldn’t be surprised if my cuff was also made in the '80s; I bought it pawn in Gallup in the mid-90’s ish. It looks a lot like your stones, but it only has one stone; yours has a bunch!

3 Likes

You are correct on Ernie Lister and I found the info you need. Not sure on the turquoise but it’s beautiful! My one piece with Indian Mountain is more blue with black matrix. Yours is a gorgeous cuff!

4 Likes

Such an amazing beauty :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks @Islandmomma. I did find the same info in Schaaf’s books, but the hallmarks were different from the the block letter hallmark on mine. The cuff certainly fits with Ernie’s hand forged and hammered pieces, and he certainly could have used hallmarks other than what Greg has in he’s books.
I know what you mean about black matrix indian Mountain, but have read that reddish-brown matrix is also produced. So who knows…
Thanks for the input.

2 Likes

Absolutely beautiful bracelet.

3 Likes