What do you think of this ring?

Any info is appreciated! If it’s authentic/ price/ turquoise grade etc!

5 Likes

It’s cute. The side looks interesting. Do you have a side picture and any hallmarks. Looks like Kingman.

1 Like

What is king man? I don’t. It’s a picture forwarded to me ! I could ask for it tomorrow

1 Like

Kingman turquoise, Ziacat knows ll about it. :laughing: Very large mine but comes in many colors and varieties.

5 Likes

Nice ring! I really like the silver dots and leaf motif. The turquoise looks good; no one here can know for sure, but Kingman is a good educated guess😊. And if you can get a picture of the underside or any hallmark…maybe on the band, it would be helpful.

2 Likes

@Yamei, here’s a link to an article about Kingman turquoise on the Perry Null Trading blog. It’s a good concise overview, I think. And it has photos! :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Nice ring. From the photo, very typical of late 70s and 80s use of a cast flat top ring blank that could be built upon. I think you stole @Ziacat ‘s thunder @nanc9354 . I agree on the stones.

6 Likes

You guys incredible…… you could tell so much from just two pictures! I’m just amazed!

1 Like

And here is a good online resource to learn a bit about different mines. Turquoise Mines List by Durango Silver Company

One thing I want to emphasize is that we are only making educated guesses on the mine. Turquoise can be really tricky, because any mine can produce many different looks of turquoise. But we have fun trying to figure things out! Yet if you were selling this piece you shouldn’t say Kingman turquoise, because there is really no written down provenance of where it originated. However there are people who have worked with Native American jewelry and turquoise for a long time (like Jason the site admin), who are very knowledgeable, and can more correctly discern the mine.

Kingman is the highest producing American turquoise mine, so often when turquoise is unidentified, it’s very possibly Kingman.

Here’s another good link

2 Likes

Oh thank you! I’m not selling it because it’s not mine! :smile: I was thinking about buying it….

4 Likes

You might also consider Sleeping Beauty turquoise for this ring.

4 Likes

Sorry I don’t quite follow :joy:

1 Like

Sleeping Beauty is a turquoise mine. Tapped out now but prolific during 60’s-70’s.

5 Likes