What is this called?

Anybody seen anything like this before? It’s being called “chocolate nebula with turquoise”. From what I can find online about “nebula stone”, it’s possibly a type of jasper. Could those be little turquoise spots? What is the white part?

You might submit the image to the whatsthisrock forum on Reddit. They are pretty helpful.

2 Likes

That is a wild looking stone. The brown part is bizarre; it reminds me of something plant like (moss, or pine needles or something). Cool!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, @JW. This is where I find such great resources!

looks like turquoise in host rock to me. With the price of turquoise going through the roof these days, you can find alot of host rock turquoise on the market. Ribbon Turquoise and Boulder turquoise are examples of how this all got started. I would lay even money on this being chinese. Pretty turquoise though!

2 Likes

I guess the weird part for me is that I can see the turquoise but don’t understand the brown part. I could even say I might think it was “wild horse” turquoise/magnesite but all those little marks in the brown coloring don’t fit with that.

1 Like