Would like help identifying the turquoise in these pieces

Hi,
I was wondering if this group could help me identify the turquoise in some of my pieces. I think I know, but it would be nice to have some input from others. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Turquoise can be so tricky to identify. I do my best to properly identify my pieces when selling them. I don’t want to misrepresent anything. Thanks!

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

Number 4

Number 5

Number 6

5 Likes

I will guess at some of them, although I’m no expert (but have looked at a lot). I think 1 and 5 look like Kingman, and 3 and 4 (especially 4) look kinda like Chinese. Not sure about 6; does that have big chunks of pyrite, or is it a flash from the camera?

I’m also curious about what the others think about 2, because I have a ring with turquoise that has matrix that reminds me of yours, and I have no idea on it. I describe the matrix in mine as looking a bit like the stuff in etcha sketch toys (if anyone knows what I mean :thinking:). The matrix in mine is more greyish, but has some of the same color as yours.

I love the cuff in pic #5!

4 Likes

Quite lovely pieces, 5 and 6 are beautiful. Sorry I can not help with identifying the turquoise.

2 Likes

Thanks. Yes, 5 & 6 have massive pyrite that is reflecting.

I found this since asking. I’ve had a few people tell me that #4 is Hubei turquoise. However, when I look it up, it just doesn’t seem to match what I’m seeing. Then, I saw this. It has the same patterns and the same colors within the snowflake patterns.

Interesting. I found these when I googled Hubei turquoise.

A lot of the Blue Moon I saw online looked different from the Etsy pic. Wonder if it’s labeled correctly?

I was wondering that too. The Hubei you found (especially the 3rd one) is much closer than the ones I found.

What do you think about #2 matching this? Look at Easter Blue
I’ve had 2 experts say #2 was Kingman and one say it’s Bisbee. The stone is semi-translucent.
Our Mines — Otteson Brothers Turquoise

I wander if # 1 isn’t this, Cripple Creek.

I think the link is saying this pic is birdseye Kingman; the pic is after the copy. I have a cuff with a big natural Kingman stone that looks very much like this pic (the artist bought it directly from the mine).

I really don’t know, I am not any kind of expert. I hope Jason weighs in. I haven’t seen much Easter Blue.

1 Like

I agree that this is probably Kingman.

1 Like

I’m also curious as to what others think about the turquoise with the pyrite in the last piece. I have a few pieces with Morenci which have a bit of pyrite, but they look different.

1 Like

I think you are probably right. Kingman also has pyrite.

1 Like

Kingman would make more sense to me.

1 Like