Zuni Necklace which is Hopi Inspired?

My husband grew up in the North West and his parents would go to local Indian Reservations and purchase jewelry all the time. My father in law is now sending all of this jewelry to me. I have not been able to find out anything about this necklace and I was hoping for some help, guidenance on identifying it. As is with all of their jewelry, it is not marked, because they made their purchase in the 50 - 70’s before hallmarks were common.

Hello, thank you for sharing. You might test this necklace to see if it is real silver Pawn Stars: How To if Silver is Fake or Real? | History - YouTube . Also, are you sure this piece is from that time period? The beads appear to be plated. Let me know what happens with the silver test and then we will go from there. thanks jason

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the reply. I will test it tonight to see if it is silver and get back to you. :smiley:

Adele

Sorry for the delay, has some family issues. Yes it appears that the piece is plated not silver, so not from that time period. I would still love to identify it, if you have any information.

I don’t believe it is Native American made, sorry. The construction just doesn’t look right. It is a very attractive piece. Thanks for sharing.