14K Turquoise Ring

I found this yesterday at the same place I purchased the nugget cuff. I haven’t seen many gold turquoise rings and this one fit perfectly. I wish she had another. She had quite a bit of turquoise, that I didn’t notice before. Not sure of the turquoise, it’s a pretty blue with lighter brown matrix. Any idea? Thanks :grin:

8 Likes

Great ring @CyanideRose18 . My favorite combination. But I’m not great on turquoise ID.

2 Likes

Beautiful ring. If I had to guess I would say #8. Remember that is only a quess without provenance. r treasure!

1 Like

Thanks so much Steve :smile:

Thanks a bunch IM :grin: I completely understand more and more now. I went with my husband to work this past week and I spotted an antique shop. She had the most amazing collection of gorgeous pieces. Anyhoo :smiley: She identified all of my turquoise pieces including a very old Tiffany turquoise heart pendant I wear most days without even asking. Surprisingly she identified them all as what I purchased them as, even a couple differently than on this board and all I got out was “Hi” lol Identifying in person is the way if you can but I really enjoy the guessing on this forum and seeing all the lovely pieces everyone has. Her opinion was free, so I definitely took her gift as I’m sure it isn’t usually free :smile:

3 Likes

Wow, this ring is fantastic!!!
Love the whole thing.
Maybe it’s Bisbee. Gotta be a
special stone to be set in gold.

2 Likes

Thanks so much Stracci. It was on sale for $200, so I had to buy it :grin:

2 Likes

@CyanideRose18
I woulda jumped on that, too! What a good looking ring and a great price!!

Last week I saw a gold and turquoise ring in the pawn shop. It had three small stones that looked like Lander blue (!) But the stones were rocking in their mounts, and I just plain didn’t like the setting.
It was $400, I had to pass.

2 Likes

Congrats on a super bargain @CyanideRose18 . The Americana Indian Show was in Timonium outside Baltimore this weekend. Wonderful jewelry, pottery, fetishes, micro pottery, rugs, etc. They put on a nice display and nice people but way out of my league. Your ring would have been four figures.

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch Stracci, Hopefully you come across one you like soon. I haven’t seen anything good here in the pawn shops but I have found quite a few things thrifting. I found a Chimayo bag (I probably spelled that wrong), a few turquoise necklaces, rings and ceramics. I love picking and it’s kinda therapeutic for me too :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks so much StevesTrail :smiley: I’m from Baltimore and never knew about that show. I haven’t lived there in over twenty years but it’s not too far from me. I’ll have to remember it for next year, we don’t have anything like that here that I know of and I would love to see all those beautiful things :grinning:

1 Like

Check out their website @CyanideRose18 . They do shows all around the US and their schedule is listed.

2 Likes

Will do Steve, Thanks so much :smile:

1 Like