2nd time around cuff

@Ziacat
@here4turquoise
I went to the pawn shop this morning and picked up the earrings. They gave me 60% off cause of the missing stone.
But I plan on replacing it soon.
Ziacat and I are jewelry twins!

8 Likes

@Stracci 60% off?!!
What a deal! We’ll need pics again after the stone replacement, plz. Yep, methinks this does make you & @Ziacat jewelry twins :grin:.

4 Likes

Yes, they were about $12 with tax. A bargain!

5 Likes

That is a smokin’ deal. Congratulations.

3 Likes

Ok, I just replaced both stones.
The old one was kinda gray, and I wanted the stones to be brighter.
I ground and polished a broken bit of turquoise into the two appropriate shapes.
Now @Ziacat can lend me her cuff!:rofl:

13 Likes

@Stracci I’m with ya ~ the 2 new brighter turquoise stones look so much better in these pretty earrings. Getting that cuff might be a little more challenging :grin:.

5 Likes

Zia’s set is awesome!!! You have an eye for nice pieces. Also loving that squash @here4turquoise has. That stone is really cool.

Stracci, how funny you were able to get the twin earrings (and great you were able to fix them). Turned out very well, and I do really like the brighter stone against the more oxidized silver…the original stone was too dark.

4 Likes

Okay, now I have an oxidized cuff to add! Sandcast, blackened, and with some seriously beautiful pure aqua stones. If I didn’t buy them from my NA shop, I probably would have thought the stones were fake, they’re so clear and matrix-free. Just a tiny bit of brown in the rightmost one. And now I can’t find the receipt, on which I wrote the artist’s name. :persevere:

l

6 Likes

Hey y’all! Late to the conversation here - sitting at work with a dead car (for the third time in 2 weeks):weary: waiting on a tow. Dealer ruined my engine, gave me brand new one, and now it keeps dying. Grrrrr.

Love what you did with the earrings @Stracci! You can be my twin! And what a deal. If you ever in my area you can borrow my cuff :laughing:

Great cuff @Xtina, love the patina.

4 Likes

@Ziacat
Oh no! The car again!
They have insurance…they need to replace your car!
This is unacceptable😡

2 Likes

@Xtina
Gorgeous cuff!:heart:
And a fabulous diamond ring.
Can you tell us about it? Cause I love antique diamonds, too.

2 Likes

@Stracci Holy smokes, the new stones make a world of difference. They look great on you!! I am so happy you went back to get them.

4 Likes

I love your smaller dangly ones. Mine are pretty heavy for me (one of my lobes can’t handle too much), but I wear them for a few hours when I want to dress up a bit. He had several pairs like yours at the market. He also had a necklace of Navajo pearls with the flowers stationed all around it; it was a beautiful piece of work.

I know, I’m almost over being patient with the dealership. But before when we took it in we had jumped it, and they kept it several days, and it kept starting. Maybe since I had it towed dead, they will be able to figure it out.

3 Likes

@Stracci thank you!! And thank you! :grin:

It is semi-antique, yes. This is a combination of my mom’s and grandma’s diamonds that my mom had put together in one ring. The bottom one is my grandma’s second diamond; I have her smaller first one, also, but I guess my grandfather upgraded her at some point…they were married in the late 1920s or early 1930s. My mom had the same diamond since they got married in 1965, until she created this one sometime in the 1990s. I love it, it’s a great simple design. I have no idea what my grandfather paid for the larger diamond back in the day, but my dad said when he bought mom’s ring, it was $800 (3/4 carat). Times and prices have definitely changed!

@Ziacat what’s wrong with your car? Hope the dealership does right and fixes it or replaces it soon!

7 Likes

Very beautiful!
And I love the sentiment attached.

4 Likes

@Xtina I, too, love antique/vintage diamond rings. Your ring is so very special and beautiful! Your mother’s idea to create this ring was absolutely wonderful. It also reminds me of “Toi & Moi” rings (French, You & Me). A family heirloom, indeed.

3 Likes

What a lovely ring and a beautiful family history to go with it.

Edit: spelling :expressionless:

3 Likes

It’s beautiful! And extra special, because of the family history.

So my car had an oil leak, and the tech fixing it forgot to tighten a screw, which worked loose, rolled all around my engine, and COMPLETELY destroyed it. They gave me a brand new engine, and I thought all was good. But since then it has totally died 3 times, and they can’t figure it out. My husband thinks there is a wire loose from the engine hook up, and is hoping they will find it now that the car is dead (it’s sitting in their lot til they can look at it tomorrow). Sigh.

3 Likes

OMG, they need to give you a new vehicle and never take it there for service. Hopefully they gave you a rental to use while they figure out what’s wrong with it

3 Likes

They gave me a loaner for the two weeks it took them to get the new engine, and I know they’ll give me a loaner again tomorrow. I just want them to figure out what’s wrong. I’m trying very hard to be patient.

We have been going there for many years, and it’s always been fine till now.

2 Likes