3 Suspicious Pendents

I’m looking for help identifying these pendents real or fake. I’m embarrassed to say that I purchased these at different times taking a chance on an internet “deal”. I have no regrets but I am really curious about their origin, authenticity and any information or thoughts you folks can offer about them. No worries, I’m on a learning the hard way curve and it’s bound to happen.

Suspect #1 This pendent is very light weight and the “turquoise” is smooth and glossy but not transparent and no texture. The little holes on the surface are my needle test marks (you can tell I’m leaning toward fake because why else I wouldn’t have done that on the front, lol) Does anyone recognize the hallmark? Real or Fake?

Suspect #2 is a piece I bought because I wanted a Golden Hills turquoise pendent. The stone seems legit enough. It was advertised as new but I haven’t been able to find the name or anything about the artist. I did finally find a similar piece with the same mark but no other information was offered. Real NA or Fake?

Suspect #3 I bought this one because it has an interesting design and a nice stone. The stone seems real enough but I feel like there is something off about the design. Maybe not, but I haven’t seen any others quite like this. The markings say Sterling and 925. I have no other information. Real NA or Fake?

Hi everybody, I know it’s a lot for someone to look at all three of these. I think I over did it :face_with_hand_over_mouth:, but if anyone has info or thoughts on even one of them I would really love to hear them! Thank you sooo much.

No expert here, but I like the one in the middle.

1 Like

seems to be your least suspected piece.

“A special stone available this year is Kazakhstan Turquoise, or Golden Hills Turquoise. An rare color for turquoise, Golden Hills Turqouise comes from a deposit in the Altyn Tyube mine in Kazakhstan. These stunning gems have a light blue hue to them, and a reddish, burnt umber matrix. The Golden Hills mine is known for producing large quantities of dioptase, a gem very similar to turquoise in color and strength, mimicking emerald in its magnificent green color. The turquoise deposit was found most recently 2013 and was most notably featured at the Tucson Gem and Jewelry show in January of 2014.”

“Dioptase and other gems are much more common in the Golden Hills mine, and in Kazakhstan itself, than turquoise. Golden Hills turquoise is some of the most chemically pure turquoise to be found in the world, and its color and consistency is one of the most vibrant and durable. Increasing in popularity with Southwestern jewelry artists, Kazakhstan turquoise continues to stun and dazzle jewelers aching to get their hands on it. This gem will be available in rough turquoise and turquoise cabs, as well as set in sterling silver pendants.”

source: https://blog.sunwestsilver.com/blog/kazakhstan-/-golden-hills-turquoise

you would need to compare other pendants offered from the bigger players All Sterling Silver Jewelry available at BLANK BLANK with Golden Hill Turquoise is handcrafted by Native American Artists that in some cases are only identified by a single letter sig.

1 Like

#3 is not Native American. The silverwork is all wrong for any SW work. The stone looks to me a dyed type, but I look forward to input from others.

2 Likes

Thanks Steve, I appreciate your response and the info on Golden Hill turquoise. Very interesting! The stone seem especially hard and solid with a matrix that appears to be even harder because it looks like it was a bit of work to polish it down to be even with the stone (just an armature observation). I am really taking a liking to the baby blue and lavender tones. There are some beautiful examples on the web. I’m becoming convinced that this a newer Native American piece. Guess I’ll have to keep looking for the artist behind the hallmark.

I agree Chicfarmer, You are confirming my suspicions. Could it be a Thai design? I took a loop to the turquoise and it still looks quite real, but maybe it’s just a good dye job, lol. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s stabilized. Thank you for the feedback!