30 years worth of Bracelets

huh,think that the definition of stash has changed since I used it.
:wink:

2 Likes

Thanks! Mostly I love to shop out west where itā€™s all made, but itā€™s also really fun to shop at the Eiteljorg Indian Market in Indianapolis, which is where I bought those pieces over the last 2 years. Both the last 2 Septemberā€™s we tried to drive out to CO for vacation and to visit family. Both years we had to cancel due to family emergencies. So I ended up spending my cash at the Indian Market. It was really nice meeting these artists who were very personable and had amazing work. Problem is, now it will make it very difficult for me this year when it rolls around, cause I donā€™t have enough for it all. And we hope to get out west somewhere sometime this next year, so Iā€™d better start saving up now :laughing:

And Iā€™m chuckling, Calamity ring just sounds funny :laughing:

2 Likes

@Ziacat Hmm, methinks hubby and I need to attend the Eiteljorg Indian Market and also the Heard Museum Guild Fair & Indian Market! Iā€™d settle for visiting Tucson or Gallup ~ two cities that Iā€™ve always wanted to visit (read: turquoise jewelry). Just not sure if traveling is in our near future but, weā€™ll see. I have a question: I really liked the Zia symbol ring youā€™re wearing in the photo. Do you recall where you got that piece?

2 Likes

Oh! You should come to the Eiteljorg market! Itā€™s always the last full weekend in June. If you do let me know! And I agree, would love to get back to Gallup. We had thought maybe weā€™d go to NM this next year to visit a nephew, but he just took a job in DC. Maybe we will still go, but :person_shrugging:

I was at Palms Trading Company in ABQ summer of '21 to get some jewelry fixed, and and of course had to do a little shopping in the meantime. Itā€™s by Robert Yellowhorse, and he had several there with different stones. I loved it right away, and bonus, I can almost use it as a weapon :laughing:

2 Likes

@Ziacat Lordy, now I need to go to Palms Trading Company, too! :upside_down_face: It is a great looking ring (weapon or not).

2 Likes

I went into Palms last month, and they had a veritable sea of jewelry. I drive by there occasionally for my job, so I stopped in.

But they get low marks for customer service.
In other words, the salespeople (three of them!) ignored me, even though I milled around for a long time, looking in all the cases.
I work in retail, and I know how customers should be treated, and the fact that no one asked me if I wanted to see anything in the cases was so off-putting.

That really irritated me, so I probably wonā€™t be going back.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s too bad! Granted I havenā€™t been there for 2 years, but they were wonderful then. I had called ahead to see if my cuff could be fixed, and I was fully planning on leaving it and having them mail it back, but the gentleman insisted on fixing it right there. He said something like, ā€œyouā€™ve come all this way, I want to send it back with you today.ā€ He fixed about 4 items for me (mostly small fixes except my cuff), and only charged me $35. One of them was my frog cuff and he touched up the crack, tightened a loose stone, and made it just a bit bigger for me. Just he and a lady working, but they were very helpful. My husband assumed he was the owner, so maybe thatā€™s what made the difference.

Itā€™s too bad the customer service was not good recently. We had a family furniture store, so I totally understand customer service is everything.

2 Likes

Hi Stracci. I just emailed Guy Berger, (Palms Trading Owner, and GM) about your experience. Iā€™ve done business with Palms since the early 80ā€™s, and know customer service, customer relations, and customer satisfaction are very important to Guy, and to Palms Trading. Guyā€™s email is guy@palmstrading.com. Please email him directly so that he can learn first hand about your experience, and take care of it for you!

6 Likes

@mmrogers
Thanks Mike, I appreciate your input.
Maybe Iā€™ll give them another chance next time I go by the shop. Perhaps it was just an unusual day, I donā€™t know.

I recently popped into Gertrude Zachary, across the street, and the sales lady was the complete opposite. Very attentive and eager to show me everything.

2 Likes

I knew Gertrude. Sweet lady originally from Bavaria. Ran a tight ship. Her galleries always had an amazing assortment of jewelry and probably still do. I believe her daughter Erika runs the shop now.

2 Likes

We were at Palms Trading last month. Customer service was actually very good. My wife purchased the cross below by Navajo Mary Cayatineto to be used as a keychain. When we returned home, I did the leather work and she had it blessed by our Catholic priest. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

That is my biggest customer service pet peeve (and Iā€™ve worked retail/restaurant for more than I wish to count :wink:), If Iā€™ve made it all the way to the back of your store, and then am working my way towards the door, and not once have you bothered to give me a ā€œlet me know if thereā€™s anything I can do to help/help you findā€¦ā€ then I most likely wonā€™t be back.

4 Likes

i worked in retail for years - the mantra was always greet people on their way in, keep an eye on 'em in case they need help or look frustrated or sketchy, and say thank you when they leave, whether they bought something or not. itā€™s not difficult unless you are overrun/understaffed.

6 Likes

Iā€™m adding this pic, because I used to wear these 2 together quite a bit, and had kind of forgotten to, till we started talking about cuff stacking.

Both of them were some of my earliest purchases that I made in the late '80s - early '90s while traveling the southwest with friends. The large one I bought dead pawn at Four Winds Traders in Flagstaff. I didnā€™t know what that meant, and it kind of creeped me out because I thought it meant the owner died, so I threw away the ticket :laughing: The other one I bought in Silverton, CO. They may not be the fanciest bracelets, but I love shadowbox, they fit well, and just looked nice on; plus my funds were more limited back in those days. And, oh! The memories I have from those trips.

11 Likes

@Ziacat Beautiful cuffs! They complement each other and look terrific worn together.

4 Likes

@Ziacat Iā€™m so happy you shared your shadow box bracelets. I need to pull mine out and wear it more often.

1 Like

And I think seeing yours in the initial post made me remember mine! We have good taste donā€™t we :grin:

2 Likes

I believe youā€™re right.

1 Like

IMG_0196

:rofl: :grin: :rofl:

3 Likes