925 Bracelet O Mark

Looking for info.
This was part of a bulk lot purchase from Ebay in the early 2000’s.
The lot was described as Native American jewelry, pieces and parts from the 1960’s onward.
It is fairly thick.
Stamped designs on the front. Blank on the sides. Stamped designs on the ends.

Does anyone recognize the mark or style? Any guesses on date?
Thank you.

2 Likes

It looks to be worn down some. I’ve seen a stamp very similar o/l. But no idea of the artist. Most native American hallmarks simply say sterling. out of 50+ peices I own only one is stamped .925 far as I can remember. And I am pretty sure it was a mass production piece. So 60s? I really don’t know about that. Probably later but non the less a beautiful piece. I would buy it or trade

Thanks. Items in the lot were approximately 60’s to 90’s.
It has a Native American “look/feel” to me, but the 925 was a little off. The stampings have some imperfections. The curve is also a ;little off in some places.
Usually Native American jewelry is stamped Sterling.

I remember reading somewhere that some Native American made jewelry was stamped 925.

In the 1980’s I had some Navajo mentors. One used the 925 for his jewelry. He felt that using individual number stamps was better than using a sterling stamp. He had tried that. Did not like the results on some items.

While living in AZ, my husband and I frequented Thunderbird Supply in Gallup, NM. They had several versions of both Sterling and 925 stamps available. I saw many Navajo’s purchase the 925 stamps.
They also had a sets of number stamps.

Some Navajo friends of mine were using the 925 stamps in the 1980’s, as well.

Am hoping others chime in with their experiences and purchases of Native Made jewelry with a 925 stamp.

1 Like

Hello, Could it say Olin?

I dunno. Will check that possibility out.

or possibly Ortiz? (with some wear)

Took some more photos in hopes someone can identify maker’s mark and possible age. Including the previous photos I posted. Did some editing on those.

It is fairly thick, about 3-4 mm. I have nothing to weigh it with.
Later found out that some of the other pieces in the lot were from the 1960’s-80’s.

It does not appear to be a mass produced item, due to some stamping imperfections. To me, it feels like an authentic piece. It is curved. Does that indicate mass produced?

All I see in the hallmark is Oli and then a possible A or N.

Any help appreciated.