A Few Purchases Over the Weekend & Maisels Bug Pins

Picked up a couple Maisels bug pins with turquoise, a bracelet and screw back earrings. No idea of the turquoise so I’m open to any input.

8 Likes

Great haul Steve! Love them. So I’m gonna guess just for fun. SB on cuff maybe? I can’t see the bug stones super well, but they’re beautiful. So the earrings… I wonder how old they are since they have screw backs? Reminds me a little of Blue Gem or Royston; how’s that for a lot of guesses :rofl:

1 Like

Your guesses are much better than mine. Blue Gem or Royston is reasonable. No mark on the bracelet.

1 Like

I’ve got a little Fred Harvey cuff (reminds me ever so slightly of yours) that I bought years ago from a respected antique Western and Native American art shop in ABQ (since closed of course). He wrote 1920 - 30’s Fred Harvey on my receipt, and mine does not have any hallmark, but the stones are totally varying in color as they’ve changed through the years, and the stamping has faded in places.

I wonder if the screw backs could help date the earrings. The earrings my mom brought back from Santa Fe in the 40’s were screw backs. But I don’t know when they stopped using those.

1 Like

My guess was 1940s or 1950s.

1 Like

I love the bugs. The earrings look like 1950’s to me.

1 Like