Age, origin, value?

Hello everyone, it’s been a while! We moved a year ago and I’m just getting back to what feels like normal.
A contact I work with brought me this piece yesterday. I would like to learn more about it. There are no markings or signature and I have not yet tested it to be silver but believe it will test Sterling. I’m thinking 60’s or 70’s? What type(s) of turquoise is this? Stabilized? What do you believe a market value would be?
Thanks for your help and input all, I appreciate your eyes and knowledge!

1 Like

6 Likes

Great necklace, 1970s seems to work, something like Fox.

1 Like

FOLLOWUP: So I purchased this piece but it needed some love. It needs restringing as the old has worn out. As I’m cleaning the case it came in, and preparing to photograph it before I begin, I find this letter folded behind a panel! I love that I have history now on the piece and that I will be able to extent it’s life with years of enjoyment. Helen Snyder originated The Turquoise Nut and sold it in 1997 to Paul Trevino who spent a year in Gallup working on a reservation. The stories are often the best part of owning a piece of vintage jewelry.

Thought you all would get a chuckle out this.

6 Likes

That’s amazing, so fun to get the added note! And the necklace is beautiful.

A great find. Most of my nicer pieces that I rarely wear are wrapped in archival paper with little of their history.