Allen Pooyouma turquoise ring

I am so glad I found this forum. I have been a vintage costume seller for 10+ years but was introduced into the sterling and turquoise world. My view of the different stones tends to be “green rock” “bumpy rock” etc. And I hope to stalk all of these posts to put names and stones together.

That brings me to this ring, that I affectionately call “shark tooth”. I can find plenty of turquoise cuffs by Pooyouma, but rings I only see the overlays.

I’ve had offers but feel that I might be getting information from biased parties who want to buy it

Can anyone help with a range for this? Type of stone?

Thank you!!

20190713_150617|375x500

Hello, welcome to the forum. Glad you are here. It appears the image didn’t upload, you might try again.

Beautiful ring, does the piece have his hallmark?

Yes, since the photos didn’t load earlier I just tried the first.

Thanks!

Wow, what a special piece. I think it being Allen Pooyouma is more valuable than what you could sell it for, hope that makes sense. It is an interesting stone, has the coloring of Danny Boy turquoise. I might be way off base here, but I think $100 - $120 range.

2 Likes

Thank you! That is higher than the range I was getting from other sellers and I think more in line with his ring prices.

Thank you so much, I’m grateful for this forum!

3 Likes