Any thoughts and value on this Fidel Bahe Charles Loloma's or Victor Beck's style belt buckle

All help will be appreciated! 3" by 2" and 57 grams.

3 Likes

Can’t help with your question, but I was intrigued with your buckle and found this cuff and ring set. The asking price caught my attention.

4 Likes

1 Like

Perhaps Fidel Bahe changed his signature a bit over time. The Etsy piece is hand signed vs Beck’s website with stamped “BECK” in caps. I would try to contact Mr. Bahe for verification since he is still active.

2 Likes

Thank you Steve but I found a couple of reliable sites with this type of hallmark.

1 Like

source: https://www.shopgarlands.com/collections/fidel-bahe

1 Like

Interesting find, Tom. It confirmed my immediate impression that the OP’s buckle is in the Beck vein, far more so than showing Loloma influence. Handsome piece, and you can count on the stones being natural.

A comparable Beck buckle is going for (in the real world, not this Etsy make believe) about $1,500. If I had to guess, Bahe’s would be about $600-750.

5 Likes

Thanks chicfarmer for the info, very appreciated.

1 Like

I could be low! His work is really great these days, though in silver stamping and design rather than work in stones. I’ve pondered a bracelet, thanks for reminding me :sweat_smile:!

1 Like

Yowza! Maybe I could buy just the ring for a couple thousand bucks…

3 Likes