Any thoughts on these turquoise beads?

This not a Native American necklace, obviously, but I thought the beads are interesting. All metal is sterling silver, and the beads are cold to the touch and passed the acetone test. There is no matrix, but a few beads have black spots.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

1 Like

You think of this color being more Chinese than Sleeping Beauty from Arizona. However, if it is a real turquoise material it could be lots of things.

2 Likes

Oh yes the classic Chinese coloration for turquoise-lookalike material, usually howlite. Very typical. There’s a vast amount of this sold in China and exported. The knots between the beads are indicative of this, too. I have a strand of these beads, done up as a Buddhist bead necklace, that I got somewhere in China and probably overpaid for. :grinning:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/829071135/18mm-howlite-green-turquoise-chunky?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_d-jewelry-necklaces-beaded_necklaces&utm_custom1=k_CjwKCAjwq9mLBhB2EiwAuYdMtcGHpbF-3htelLZYfHVZv5WS5roNiSnvbTJtLgIrcBqJ6Iveahvj4hoCWiEQAvD_BwE_k&utm_content=go_1730355545_66715034574_337603379905_pla-352951332950_c__829071135_341585064&utm_custom2=1730355545&gclid=CjwKCAjwq9mLBhB2EiwAuYdMtcGHpbF-3htelLZYfHVZv5WS5roNiSnvbTJtLgIrcBqJ6Iveahvj4hoCWiEQAvD_BwE

1 Like

Thanks, the thing is, they don’t feel like howlite or magnesite, or anything like that at all, very polished, I guess stabilized, and not soft at all. It also a quality sterling silver clasp and bead accent. Bought this at a thrift shop for not much, but just curious.

When did you go to China? Was it to buy Turquoise? It would be a trip of a lifetime thats for sure. Do you mind looking at my carved Turquoise for me?