"appraisal" on two squash blossoms

Hi there!

I have two squash blossoms that were passed down to me that I was hoping to get an idea about appraisal and confirm the makers. From the little research I’ve done, I believe one was made by John Begay, and the other by Valentino and Matilda Banteah. But would love to know more about possible time period? I’m thinking the 70’s but am unsure! They are some of my most prize possessions :slight_smile: I also would take any recommendations on someone for an actual insurance appraisal. I am from Colorado but have since moved to Washington and would probably have to send images virtually as I am not finding much luck for an appraiser up in the PNW.
Thanks everyone for sharing!

11 Likes

5 Likes

Hi and welcome. You have inherited two lovely squash blossom necklaces and I think @Steve has confirmed your identification. I’m sure someone will comment about a possible appraiser. I live on the east coast so not much help here. I’m so glad that you love them and hope you wear them in good health for many years.

6 Likes

Thank you so much! I appreciate the welcome! They are some of my most cherished pieces!

1 Like

Thank you so much for confirming these and including some snippets of info!

2 Likes

@carlyrado , I would contact my insurance carrier and ask them who they accept appraisals from if you plan to schedule the items.

2 Likes

I’m thinking @Bmpdvm mentioned some appraisal companies, but I can’t find the post, and I can’t remember what it was. We were trying to help someone that had a large horde, I think?

I’m guessing these pieces might be a little older? The earrings have screw backs. They’re all beautiful!! Love that cuff.

And welcome to the Turquoise Forum!