Attempting to identify artist and approximate value of this man's cuff sterling silver bracelet

> strong textTrying to identify this piece of jewelry. I believe it is Hopi, the initials are MM, and it weighs approximately 113.4 g. Would like to know the artist name and an approximate value. Thank you for any help you can offer.

2 Likes

Nice silver overlay cuff. It just might be the work of Navajo artist, Mary Morgan. I have seen people list pieces with a double MM and a single M as her work. Soon the experts will weigh in. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply. The only thing I know for sure about this piece is it was created by a man and those are his initials. My friend bought it from him years ago in Carmichael.

1 Like

This is an interesting piece. I could not find anything on the hallmark, but would not call this Mary Morgan. She did a variety of work but nothing like this and the hallmark is different. Hopi artists are known for using an overlay technique, but I don’t believe this is Hopi. I would call the bracelet Navajo. Thank you for sharing and good luck finding out who MM is.

1 Like