Beautiful belt buckle

Hello everyone, I still need your expertise.
Indeed, I bought this belt buckle for next to nothing! do you know this signature? Thank you very much😊

9 Likes

I had to crop and sharpen to see the mark.
Posting in case anyone might recognize it.

9 Likes

Thank You very much :+1:

2 Likes

Val, you may have scored a winner.

10 Likes

Congratulations Val! This is a really beautiful piece. The relief step (thundercloud) patterns surrounding the the center stone are skillfully hand sawn, and overlaid on the lower portion of the buckle. The stamp work detail, saw work details and execution are all fantastic examples of truly fine Navajo craftsmanship.

7 Likes

Thank you very much. and mmrogers for the explanations of the realization…it is very interesting to learn about the techniques…
I begin to recognize the beautiful achievements…
do you have any idea of ​​its value? it’s mainly to inform my insurance!

2 Likes

Would estimate current replacement value between 1200 and 1500 USD$. At the current exchange rate those figures would also work for Euros.

3 Likes

well!!! I paid 50 euros for it!!! I really did a good job!!! I also bought 3 others with this one:

I don’t know if it is in Sterling !
And the next :

And the last :

8 Likes

The last one might be James Shay.

7 Likes

I definitely looks like his (James Shay) work. I have a cuff by him with a very similar design, and that looks like his hallmark. I bought my cuff at a trustworthy store, so I’m pretty sure mine is his, so I bet this buckle is too. Love them all!

7 Likes

All of them are winners! I don’t know where you bought them Val, but I’m sure there are plenty of forum members, and dealers who would love to get their hands on your sources if you’re picking up these terrific belt buckles at these kinds of prices. Might be worth a trip to France!

6 Likes

hello Mike and members, I bought them on a used site. the person is in Italy. the ads did not mention the origin or the material of the buckles!
This person like many others does not know what he is selling.

8 Likes