Best Way To Sell A Piece of Native American Jewelry

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best place on-line or elsewhere to sell a piece? Ebay? Rubylane? Etsy? I have been collecting for years and have decided to pare down my collection. I am not an expert, just collected what I loved wearing.

1 Like

Welcome to Turquoise People. We use Ebay and Etsy. How big is your collection? You might try to go direct to a dealer and avoid the headaches and fees. It is always heard to gain traction if you are new and don’t have a number of pieces.

2 Likes

It’s really important to be knowledgeable enough to properly advertise your items. Even legality is at issue: one cannot offer for sale items described as Native made unless they really are. Hopefully your things have some documentation from point of purchase, and/or you can vet the material before offering it for sale. Without certainty, the best you could say is Southwestern or SW style.

2 Likes

Everything that you and the others have mentioned are all viable options. I have also had luck with some of the private groups on Facebook. There are many and they cover Navajo, Pueblo, Zuni, Kewa, Mexican and southwestern. They have different rules and a couple prohibit selling but there are plenty that allow it. Just a thought.

2 Likes