Betty Natachu/Mary Morgan Knifewing

Hey Guys,

It’s been a while since I posted anything, hope everyone is well. I wanted to see if you guys thought I was correct in my assumption that this was a Knifewing by Arnold Cellicion with the silver work done by Mary Morgan.
I found this online and have not receiver it in the mail yet. These are the sellers pics, except the last one where I manipulated the colors a bit. It’s 2-1/2" x 2" No weight was given and I didn’t think to ask. @Jason you’re the Mary Morgan expert as far as I know. I would be interested in you thoughts! Thanks.

9 Likes

Great to see you posting again, AC! Another magnificent knifewing for your collection. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks Tah!
I was surprised to see a hallmark at all on an older knifewing. I believe it’s the 4th one I have that’s marked, the C G Wallace Rainbow Man and Knifewing set is marked with the tomahawk shop mark and an Alonso Hustito knifewing with his hallmark.

2 Likes

Tony, who ran the shop when Mary Morgan was working in house remembers her making these settings for Zuni inlay sets. He believes this is Betty Natachu Knifewing.

4 Likes

Tah, did you notice the ghost strike of the word sterling? Between the M’s and the well struck sterling.

2 Likes

That would account for the shape of the wings, they are much more like Natachu wings. Arnold was the only one I’ve seen put that coral strip in the feet. That’s what got me thinking that. Thank you Jason!

2 Likes

AC, I see it now. That knifewing is mesmerizing. I would love to know how long it took to make it from start to finish.

2 Likes

I have no idea Tah, I have pictures where they repaired one of my knifewing’s inlay by prying the bezels open and removing the inlay sections. Repairing them, then resetting and securing them back in their bezels. It was a lot of work just to replace a few small missing inlay pieces. I’ll have to make a post of that.

4 Likes

In other words, your knifewing had surgery. :astonished:

3 Likes

Yup, An Operation…Take out wrenched ankle!!! :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

I suppose I should correct the title now

1 Like