Big Tigers Eye Cuff

this cuff called to me. I love the silver work, stamping, patina and unique stone. It is heavy at 144 Grams. Excellent condition. If I were to sell this…what should be asking price? Is it a Sam Bahe?

5 Likes

I cropped and sharpened the hallmarks.
I wonder why there are 4 separate hallmarks? It looks like some only partially stamped.

I found other hallmarks attributed to Sam Bahe, including the SB within a star and the full name engraved.

It is a beautiful cuff.

3 Likes

Interesting and unusual bracelet. It looks like petrified wood maybe? Tiger’s eye should have chatoyance, which these pics aren’t showing. Does it shimmer with the appearance of some translucence, or is the stone opaque all the way through?

2 Likes

I shined a light on it and there was no reflective properties. I think you’re right and it is petrified wood…which would explain its top heaviness. 160-200 pounds per sq foot.

1 Like

Could be imperial jasper :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Interesting, I’ve never seen petrified wood look quite like that.

1 Like

banded or waterline agate with a killer cut and polish

5 Likes

I’ll go with that…lol. SB could be Sam Begay too? Maybe I will take along with me on a trip to AZ or NM and see what they say. Certainly an unusual cut.

1 Like

The stone could be Bat Cave Jasper, too.

8 Likes

you nailed it fernwood!

13 Likes

What a beautiful cuff! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Once again, I learn something new here. Boy, I’d love to hear how that got it’s name.

3 Likes

This jasper is found in bat caves in Indonesia. the stone is somewhat rare and built up over millions of years.

6 Likes

Fascinating, thanks!

4 Likes

I love your cuff! And it’s been fun learning about the different stones.

This is all I found on a quick look.

3 Likes

Wow how interesting. I didn’t know for certain it was petrified or not, but I knew it wasn’t tiger’s eye, lol. Jaspers are so diverse it would take a real learning curve to recognize them all!

5 Likes

Another puzzle solved! You guys are great! Thanks.:hugs:

4 Likes