Blue Jay Inlay by Sanford Edaakie

I usually don’t buy anything with bird motifs, but I really like how clean and well done the inlay was executed. A small “pindent” (Pin+pendant) that measures about 1.1 inches in diameter, marked S.C. Edaakie. I almost didn’t recognize the signature because it’s somewhat poorly written!

10 Likes

Beautiful!! I have a similar pendant from this family and they are just amazing little works of art!! Lovely detail.

@Jemez22 I love how small it is. Whoever owned it before must’ve worn it a ton. I’m debating whether or not to clean off the rest of the patina

I think the inlay pops more against the bright silver than against patina!

Bigbree43,

I agree with Jemez2, I would let it’s beauty shine and clean it up. :+1:

Hey @Bigbree43, A purchase I made on my vacation last week. I’ll make a post of it eventually with better pictures.

Hummingbird Cuff by Sanford Edaakie

I love the contrast with the red and black! Do you have plans to polish this guy up?

1 Like

Nope, it just goes into the box with the other cuffs in the collection. It’s way too small for me to wear plus I never really polish anything although I did a Charlie Bowie overlay cuff that was blotchy.

I thought I was the only one who buys things that they can’t wear lol. Glad there are others out there too :joy:

1 Like

Something akin to addiction I’d say…sheez, I bought those earrings the other day. I guess if it’s something I like I might buy it.

Lol go get your ears pierced then! And then you can wear em!

I still have one ear pierced from back in the 80’s lol