Books on Southwest Indian Jewelry?

Bought this book on eBay. It’s a good one. Copyright 2003, 253 pages, loaded with photos, and it features a great looking sandcast buckle. :wink:

10 Likes

What a great find @TAH! I have several Schiffer jewelry books but, I’ve never seen this one before. I’ll be searching for & ordering this one. Thx for sharing.

1 Like

I have this one, very interesting and useful.

2 Likes

Little secret, but don’t tell anyone. If you don’t want to invest in a physical copy, you can view the entire book at the link below. You will need to set up an account, but it’s free and worth the effort to have access to the rest of the website.

6 Likes

I’m gonna have to check and see if that cuff and ring are Anthony Lovato; they remind me of my new cuff.

2 Likes

The deed is done! I just ordered the “Evolving Southwest Indian Jewelry” book. 2 new turquoise books on their way to me, yay!

1 Like

I get these 2 Nancy Schiffer books mixed up…they’re both excellent!

6 Likes

@Ziacat: They are all by Anthony!…several more of his pieces throughout the book. You’ll have fun!

1 Like

Just because ya’all need another good book. It’s one of those Ooh, Ahhh books.

Ok, since I’m unable to post more than 3 reply’s in a row (why???) this is added week or so later:
Just went through this ongoing thread again and found a few books I can’t live without😬. And while looking online I found this new(to me) book by Paula Baxter. I remember speaking with her and something about a new book acouple years ago…this must be it! Has anyone purchased it? If not, guess I’ll be the first?

7 Likes

Here are my latest additions to my NA jewelry books library. Both of these books were recently mentioned on the forum.

6 Likes

Yes, I have the latest Baxter (as well as the Turq Water Sky one) and I think some other forum members might. Fabulous book, probably the best of her output, with their typically great photography and helpful new content. A few items are no longer in the collections shown (that is, now in others’ collections), but that happens when a project takes place over several years. Highly recommend.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info. @chicfarmer, I’m anxious to get it this next week!

1 Like