Bought a couple of turquoise cabs. Now, what to do with them? Advice?

I purchased these because I liked the lighter colors and recognized the mines. The smaller one is supposed to be Royston and the larger one Blue Gem. I’m pretty new to turquoise so hope I did ok with my limited budget. I would love to have these set into a ring and cuff bracelet. Does anyone have advice on having jewelry made?

10 Likes

Wow, Those are nice!

1 Like

We can have them made into pieces, just would need a pretty specific idea of what you wanted.

2 Likes

How would one go about pursuing custom work? I have a few loose stones and some ideas, but no clue how much money im spending in my head. Thanks, Jason!

It depends, do you have an artist you want to use? what styles do you like?

@Jason, examples of an artist’s work would be nice to see. Style options, etc…

I def have style preferences, but not a specific artist in mind. I like the idea of letting an artist be an artist - like tattoos, i’d like to give some ideas but let them run with it. I’ll see if i can turn my ideas into something tangible and send you a private message? Can we do that on here? IDK. I appreciate all you do for this community!

@Jason, I was thinking a ring for the smaller one and a cuff or belt buckle for the larger one. I’ve seen some great cast buckles lately that I’ve been drooling over, but they aren’t in my budget at all. Are there pieces already cast that I could have someone set my stones set into, rather that paying for a completely custom piece?

Also, if these cabs are nothing special I might be better off just saving up and paying for a completely finished piece. I only bought them because so many pieces in my budget look like possibly died Howlite or plastic.

@Jason, I am interested.i don’t know if you saw my other reply.

That works. I will wait for you message.

If you go to a supply store like thunder bird supply you can find casted pieces.

@Jason, thanks for the information. Good to know! I did just purchase a pretty nice sterling buckle. Not the one I originally looked at, but it was half the price.

I’m still interested in getting an estimate on a ring and/or buckle from my cabs. Can I just send you a message with some pictures? Since I’m new here, I’m really not familiar with what you do, but I’m guessing you work at Perry Null? I took a look online and hope to be able to see it in person sometime. Wow!

That’s fine, jason@perrynulltrading.com

1 Like