Bought these two bracelets in Sweden. Are they native american?

Hello ive just bought these bracelets. hope its ok with one without a turquoise.
Anyone have info? The smaller one has no stamps. The big one stamped Emerson is heavy almost 140 g
Robert from Sweden.

8 Likes

Hello Robert, My first impression is that it is not American Indian but I am a novice and others will know more. The design elements don’t look familiar. Isn’t the name Emerson a common name in Sweden and England? Interesting pieces, it would be nice to hear the background of them.

Hi Robert,

This is the hallmark for Emerson Bill. You can follow the link for a bio on this artist. Now you have his name google him and find comparable pieces of his work.

3 Likes

The horse/dog motif seems to be common on the Fred Harvey pieces, I have a few myself with that figure on there. I like your cuffs!

4 Likes

And 140 grams! Nice!

2 Likes

See, I knew someone would know. Smart people around here! Sounds like his chisel technique makes his work unique looking and very sturdy. I love the little horse (or dog) guy. I learned something today, thank you Currada!

3 Likes

Ive must have made a Good deal. 100 dollars for both. Thanks for the help

4 Likes

Sure did. Emerson Bill’s work is well known and his prices reflect that. And Fred Harvey bracelets have a strong market too, though I can’t tell from these photos whether this one is period or revival.

3 Likes

That is the famous horsedog which is only found in the Southwest, sometimes near jackalopes.

10 Likes

:rofl:
And pals around with Bigfoot?

7 Likes

Website was very educational and interesting. I have never seen an Emerson piece before . Maybe someday.
Thanks to Robert for posting his question and pictures.

1 Like