Can anyone give me an idea of the worth of these two pieces of authentic Native American jewelry. One set is earrings and the other are Barrettes

Y

1 Like

add pictures of the backs and marks if any

1 Like

The Thunderbird earrings have a mark that says silver, but the Barrettes are unmarked. They were pawn bought decades ago in Montana.

1 Like

Hi, I am hoping someone has an idea of the worth of these two pieces.

1 Like

Sorry, no clue here. Hopefully at least as much as you paid for them :grin:

1 Like

Actually, I don’t even know what was paid for the Barrettes. My Dad bought them for me in Billings Montana for me about 30 years ago. They are priceless in my eyes.

3 Likes

What a great memory. I so connect my jewelry with memories; then when I wear things, it makes me happy. I’m just not able to guess on $ value. Seems like it varies so much on where things are bought.

2 Likes

Nice memory pieces you have there. When I am evaluating items I start by checking eBay SOLD items that closely resemble my item (“apples to apples” as the saying goes). Since eBay is a global marketplace, this will typically result in a fair approximation of value. Then try other auction houses that list the selling prices on-line to confirm price range.

3 Likes

The barrettes might be two modified butterflies removed from a concho belt? It looks to me from the photos that the barrette findings have been attached by short wires on either end. If my supposition is correct, the wire that would have originally held the belt in place was cut and then used to clamp down the barrette mechanism. Someone buying a concho belt that was too big for them, even using a shorter leather belt, might have wanted this done to still enjoy the butterflies.

2 Likes