Can Anyone Identify These Markings or Hallmark?

I’ve looked everywhere I know to look online and cannot find any of these markings. Can anyone identify any of them?

4 Likes

start here:

SOLID STERLING SILVER MEN’S CUFF BANGLE BRACELET BY RENOWN TIFFANY ARTIST
***** RAYMOND GURDAL *****
CLEARLY HALLMARKED BY GURDAL

MR. GURDAL RECEIVED HIS FORMAL TRAINING BY ATTENDING 7 YEARS AT RENOUN MAREDSOUS SCHOOL OF CRAFTS AND ARTS IN BELGIUM
HE SPENT TWO AND A HALF YEARS PRODUCING ARCHITECTURAL SCULPTURES AND FIXTURES FOR THEATERS AND CHURCHES

***** UPON ARRIVAL IN NEW YORK, HE IMMEDIATELY BECAME A RENOUN GOLD AND SILVERSMITH FOR TIFFANYS *****

HE PRODUCED WORKS FOR THE FAMOUS SUCH AS:
BISHOP SHEEN, CLAIR BOOTH LUCE, AND MR. FISHER OF GENERAL MORORS CORP.

AFTER RELOCATING TO CALIFORNIA, HE SPENT 3 YEARS AT BOLIN WHERE HE SOON BECAME KNOWN FOR HIS SKILLS WITH WESTERN SILVER AND COPPER WORKS AND PRODUCED PIECES FOR:

***** JOHN WAYNE and ROY RODGERS *****

THIS ONE OF A KIND SIGNED BRACELET IS AN EXAMPLE OF HIS FINE DESIGN AND HIS MASTERY OF SILVER SMITHING SKILLS .

8 Likes

Nice looking cuff! :+1:

1 Like

Does not appear to be Native American made. Same hallmark as this cuff…

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you for the information! Not so upset that this one is not Native American made.

3 Likes

Here are a couple more cuffs by Raymond Gurdal… I found them at a jewelry sale… beautiful stones and workmanship…

4 Likes

I have a small Hopi pendant and have looked to ID the hallmark but to no avail. Ziacat, do you find this hallmark in your Hopi book? Anyone know who the artist might be? much thanks!

1 Like

If that’s a rainbow, I couldn’t find it. But my book is from the 90’s so won’t have new artists. I’m going to guess that the other mark is a Hopi Silvercraft Guild mark.

2 Likes

Wow, I Love this cuff!!!:purple_heart:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Beautiful cuffs with nice stones. The one on the left makes me think Chinese Hubei and the right looks a lot like a Damale ring that I have. Both are great stones but Damale commands a higher price. However, nice Chinese is used a lot and now that the government has started enforcing the export rules not much is coming into the country. I expect the prices to go up. I hope you enjoy them. :blush:

1 Like

Thanks! I agree on the right side one possibly being Damale Turquoise… but I believe the other is possibly Varasite, not Turquoise…that’s what it comes up as in my Rock identifier app… although the App isn’t always right… there is some beautiful Chinese turquoises… I love the matrix markings!!!

2 Likes

I just pulled the picture up and looked again. The stone on the left may be varisite. I’m seeing things that I didn’t notice the first go round because I was looking at the other one so hard. :joy:

2 Likes