Can anyone tell me anything about this

I’m almost certain its not Homer Vance. Only thing I could find was unknown Navajo artist. This stamp was apparently mistaken alot for homer in the past but was fixed in the book by Kim messier. Was wondering if anyone has figured it out. I don’t remember which book it was. I don’t want to mix her book up with the title of someone else’s book. I’m guessing the ring was made between the 60s and the 70s. And the stone looks to me to be sleeping beauty. Although that’s a complete guess. The pits looks like gold to me. Not fools gold or pyrite. But actual gold. Whatever is in the pits is shiney like its metallic. And is the color of gold

1 Like

Hi Newby, That’s a nice ring! I wanted to share these photos of Kingman turquoise with you. One shows a heavy vein of pyrite so that you can see the color mimics gold very well. The rectangle was cut from the same stone and shows a speckling of pyrite in the blue, also very gold looking in person but not so much in the photo. The third is from the same Kingman stone and shows how you can have a large clear-cut area speckled and ringed with pyrite. Turquoise can contain gold but is very rare and expensive. I haven’t seen any examples of that mounted in silver but they could be out there. All that to say, clear is not always sleeping beauty and all that glitters is not gold. I hope what you have is sleeping beauty with gold inclusions that would be a very nice find. Hope this helps, Kyle

1 Like

I would also call this Kingman. The only name I am getting is Homer Vance associated with an HV hallmark. I know that Hank Vandever uses an HV hallmark, different look than this. You might do some research on Vandever last name, can’t think of many V Navajo last names.

Only thing I could find on this hallmark was unknown Navajo 1960s and 70s. I thought it was homer Vance as well. but after some research his hallmark is quite different. this comes via Kim messier book on the subject. can’t remember the title. I had borrowed it from a buddy who runs a pawn shop. I believe it is absolutely one of the most beautiful rings I have saw personally. It isn’t the boldest or biggest. but its tone and silver Smith works is eye catching. Thanks everyone

I have some that look exactly like this. Not identintucal. But the color the vein and such. I buy lots of end cuts for lack of a better term. I collect lose turquoise. Some nuggets as well

1 Like