Can you identify who made this piece? And what is the estimated value?

Hi all,

I’m new to this forum. I inherited this beautiful ring from my mother and was hoping to find out a little more information on the origin and value of the ring. Appears to be native american but wanted to confirm here. Marking includes symbols that I cannot identify.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your assistance in advance!
Kay

Hi Kay, I don’t believe this to be Native American.

Thanks. Any ideas on the origin?

I’m sorry, I really don’t. Hopefully others may have input.

not native american made. silver scarab ring. one of the side seem to be missing. you’d see this ring often

Regulus,

Thank you for responding. Up close, it appears the ring was made with the design just on one side. Any idea of the value?

Thanks,

Kay, this is a vintage scarab ring. Egyptian motif jewelry such as this was popular during the Egyptian Revival period (1920’s) due to the discovery of Tutankhamun’s tomb! Egyptian revival jewelry is very collectible. I also believe the other necklace that you have posted is Egyptian Revival era, and not an Asian piece. The decal on the side of the scarab is a figurative papyrus flower.

If I had this ring in my shop, a low price would be $35 and a high price would be $65. I cannot be sure if your ring is sterling silver, since different countries have used different standards of silver throughout the ages. Again, Egyptian Revival jewelry has always been highly collectible! Hope this helps.