Carico, Variscite or something else?

Hi Everyone, This is my third (and last) post of the day. I posted them separately so I don’t get the pics and comments mixed up. Here is a ring I’m considering because of the turquoise cab. I’m not crazy about the mounting but the cab looks like it might be Carico Lake or a similar looking variscite and I’ve been collecting ones that catch my eye. What are your thoughts and what’s a reasonable price range for the ring? (I may harvest the stone and put it in another mounting unless someone thinks that’s a very bad idea?) As always, thanks for your advice and

expertise!

3 Likes

I don’t know a lot about Carico Lake; it’s not really been on my radar till I joined this forum. But it’s an interesting ring; reminds a bit of a bug :thinking:

3 Likes

Great looking stone, would call that Carico. Price has lots to do with artist and stone. The setting is unique, do you have an artist name? Doing a quick search you can find it from a couple bucks a carat up to $40.

1 Like

Thanks, Jason. The artist name appears to be M.Arte and the silver stamp is 925 rather than Sterling. I’m not familiar. Are you? Do you have any similar looking Carico Lake in your shop? I’m in love with this stone but they’re asking $250 for the ring. Is that unreasonable, especially considering I may remove the stone and set in another mounting? Any advice?

1 Like