Carved Turquoise Eagle Necklace w/ sterling articulated back

I got this necklace from a friend today. It belonged to her late Mother who was also a friend of mine. It is not marked but seems to be nicely made and in good condition. The weight is almost 53 grams. I have included a tape measure in some of the pictures. The turquoise appears to be hand carved. Since I don’t expect to part with my eagle, I’d like to know more about it. 1) Is the turquoise legit and can a mine be named?

2) Is the style distinct enough to determine the artist? 3) what is a realistic value?

4 Likes

Yours is a bigger sized one. I have one like it but a good bit smaller. I believe mine is in the $150-$175 range and is unsigned. It’s 2-3/4" wingtip to wingtip and 1-3/4" tall and weighs 13g.

This has the 4-1/2" version at $150 but It’s not built like yours.

Probably not a great site :point_up:

1 Like

Hi IslandMomma & AC…
Firstly, These are gorgeous Eagles!!!
I too, had a large eagle (7") and a small one (3")*Both hinged ,glued eagle w/wire talons hand tamped by BOWIE.
Same chain, hooks & I imagine same fasteners\ Now gone, I more or less 'gave them away ’ on Ebay several years ago.approx. $135 & $65, respectively. Hmmmm???
-j

3 Likes

Thanks. Sorry you let yours go so cheaply. Someone got a really good deal.

I have this Eagle that is similar. It has NG and sterling on the back. I’ve had it for 5-7 years.15700396257408401248614114831348|500x500

4 Likes

4 Likes

Wow, that is carved much nicer than mine that’s for sure. Is it the smaller size?

1 Like

That is very nice! Love the silver work along the top of the wings and also like that the beak is silver. I worry about breaking mine.

1 Like

The wingspan is 3.5 inches and the body is about 1 1/4 in. Thank you! I love Eagles, I wear this one alot!

2 Likes

The beak is stone, jet maybe. I am afraid it will break!

2 Likes

I quest we’ll just have to be careful. The chains on mine are short enough that it didn’t swing much when I had it on the other day. Just have to remember about the infamous seat belt. I always wear mine except for driving around on dirt roads on private property. I have several necklaces that I have to remember not to squish with the seatbelt.

1 Like

This post makes me itch to get one. I have been hunting for one of the smaller ones for quite some time. My parents split when I was younger and shortly after my mother died of cancer. BUT before, that was one of the pieces my father had bought for her. One day while I was wearing it the whole center piece of the eagle fell out and GONE. For my wedding, my husband surprised me with a ‘repair’ by replacing the body with a turquoise angel. The turquoise is a horrible fake and I am not holy in any way. I cringe everytime I think of it but I can’t bring myself to have it repaired properly and hurt his feelings. Instead I am hunting for a duplicate to pretend was hers lol. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I don’t know if it will be the same, but check on eBay. I was watching another before I get this one- same seller. Edistonsomniac has a similar one left.

2 Likes

Hi @Acutiestill ! Not sure if you are still searching for one of these? There are at least 3 similar necklaces on poshmark priced from $100 up to over $500. I did not look at the listings in detail. Just happened to remember seeing at least one there. Just now found 3 when I searched “turquoise eagle”.

2 Likes