Chimney Butte Turquoise?

Ok here is a ring marked Chimney Butte-it is real signature easy to find on internet-but I do not see any of the jewelry made by him that looks like this stone?? Is it Turquoise??
I want to list it but not sure what to list it as any help would be great!
Thanks in advance!
Cindy

The guys name is Eric Nelson, he owns the Chimney Butte studio and goes by “Chimney Butte”. He is in Albuquerque at Santa Fe Jewelry. He’s the big guy. I don’t have a clue on the stone but you could probably ask him.

https://www.santafejewelry.com/about/

3 Likes

Thanks again. Will email him!

This stone almost has the look of leopard jasper to it.

2 Likes

Hmmm I will take a look at that and see what I find out…I did send an email this am but haven’t heard anything yet though I am ahead time wise so still early there!
Thanks for the info!
Cindy

I have a piece of Dalmatian jasper and thought it looked similar, just the wrong colors. Just an observation on this piece, it has many solid colored dots, some of the dots are a different shade of green than others, but they’re all solidly colored. All the leopard jasper I’ve seen, each spot is graduated in color from the middle of the dot to the outside edge of it, but no dots seem to be solidly colored like these are. It could also be that I haven’t seen enough Leopard jasper to know, so please consider that too. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes I looked at a lot of cabochons like this one and from my observation all Leopard Jasper has variated colors or at least some in them this doesn’t it only has individual splotches When I look thru the loop at this it has a lot of features that resemble Turquoise- I see dark green leading to lighter green then orangish reds-I see the little flickers across the stone randomly-I am so confused! Hope he emails me back! LOL

1 Like

agreed. i think it is definitely some form of jasper - dalmatian, ocean, sea, who knows… but i don’t think it’s turquoise.

2 Likes

If you still want to know what stone it is for sure I can ask him, it looks like a stone he used a long time ago so hopefully he’ll remember.

That would be great I still have no clue nor does anyone else-it is very unique-Thank you so much!
Cindy