Chinese turquoise

Hi All:
On another topic Chinese turquoise was discussed.

It is becoming harder to find, but here is some high grade with beautiful matrix that I purchased in early 2000.

Of course all turquoise was less expensive back then prior to most of the US mines closing, but I want to say I paid maybe $30 for all of these stones.

I would say there is at least 400 carats.

4 Likes

You have some pretty pieces. I like a nice spiderwebbed turquoise whether it’s Chinese or American.

It’s so easy to see how some of this is mistaken for American Spiderweb. That Tiffany blue cab with a bit of gold color matrix is my favorite. Do you have any plans for these cabs?

1 Like

@brigbree43 I am a rock hound, we don’t worry about what we are going to do with them, we buy first and figure it out later :smile:

That said, it has been more than 10 years…typically I trade them for either custom work (I used to know a jeweler and he would trade labor for cabs) or other stones or other pieces.

I need to learn jewelry making! Or get better at trading!

1 Like

submerge them in distilled water for a day and they will look even better. (of course it has to be all untreated to allow this methods to work).:grinning:

2 Likes