Chinese turquoise

Hi All:
On another topic Chinese turquoise was discussed.

It is becoming harder to find, but here is some high grade with beautiful matrix that I purchased in early 2000.

Of course all turquoise was less expensive back then prior to most of the US mines closing, but I want to say I paid maybe $30 for all of these stones.

I would say there is at least 400 carats.

8 Likes

You have some pretty pieces. I like a nice spiderwebbed turquoise whether it’s Chinese or American.

1 Like

It’s so easy to see how some of this is mistaken for American Spiderweb. That Tiffany blue cab with a bit of gold color matrix is my favorite. Do you have any plans for these cabs?

2 Likes

@brigbree43 I am a rock hound, we don’t worry about what we are going to do with them, we buy first and figure it out later :smile:

That said, it has been more than 10 years…typically I trade them for either custom work (I used to know a jeweler and he would trade labor for cabs) or other stones or other pieces.

I need to learn jewelry making! Or get better at trading!

2 Likes

submerge them in distilled water for a day and they will look even better. (of course it has to be all untreated to allow this methods to work).:grinning:

3 Likes

These are, to me, truly beautiful! For me it is a matter of does it appeal to me rather than where it is from. I am still fascinated by the history of all turquoise.

4 Likes

I know this is a very old thread but may I ask what submerging natural turquoise in distilled water will do? I’m half a mind to go out on this rainy day to pick up some and try it :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Submerging the stone in distilled water will do nothing aside from perhaps deepening the color temporarily until it dries back out (provided it’s porous enough). Anything suspended in the water may leech in to the stone though so be careful.

4 Likes

Lol, well good to know I’m not missing some age old secret.

2 Likes