Chrysocolla or turquoise, is hallmark genuine?

I bought this as turquoise but I always had reservations about it due to teal like color and tan inclusions.does anyone know if it is one or the other? Thank you!

4 Likes

Looks like genuine turquoise to me! I believe the inclusions are possibly quartz, but not sure about that.

I’ll try to check on the hallmark when I get a chance.

Edit: you know, I’m not 100% sure that’s not Chrysocolla, but I would still guess turquoise.

3 Likes

rp

source: https://www.art-amerindien.com/hallmarks/r-american-indian-jewelry-marks.htm

3 Likes

I know this turquoise doesn’t really look anything like yours, but I wanted to show you a stone in one of my cuffs that has a quartz inclusion. A lot of us really like/prefer turquoise with interesting matrix.
Screenshot_20240411-142209

2 Likes

what is the actual color of the background these were photographed on?

3 Likes

Here is an example of a Kingman cab with quartz inclusions.
I just purchased it. This is the sellers photo, that I sharpened to post.
I trust his ID, as he is a very experienced turquoise person.
10 dollars 2 a

2 Likes

Yours does look like Kingman to my non-expert eye. The stones in my cuff looked a little different, and when I asked Jason if he thought they were Kingman, he said that even though they don’t look like typical Morenci, he’s seen Morenci that looked like mine. @fernwood, do you think the necklace stones might be Kingman?

@Nell, we are just guessing. No way of knowing for sure on the mine without good provenance.

2 Likes