Cool Mysterious Bell Trading Post Harvey Era Cuff!

WHATS UP!
Another FUN find!
So it’s obviously a production Harvey Era Cuff with all the stamped parts/symbol work and cool wire twisting by Bell Trading Post…the question is this!
What is the stone they used? I have some guesses…maybe Fishstone? What is soft yet hard, has white matrix with calcite/quartz beginning with milky to yellow transparency color and blue turquoise colored inclusions/flecks? Some sort of Calco-silicate?..anyone find the same type of stone in a Harvey Era piece or otherwise? THANK YOU!
~Stefanie
Koliopee

If you find those old advertisements for these cuffs many will state genuine turquoise, so they must have been using a lot of different material for the stone. I was trying to find an article I came across talking about the different materials, I was unsuccessful. It is going to be difficult to decide what it is from the picture, but why can’t it be turquoise. Turquoise comes from mineral rich areas and lots of stuff can be in the same ground. I included a picture of a piece of Royston, that if was cut down enough could have a look like this stone without much turquoise showing.

1 Like

Wow that’s really cool! Maybe it really is…So check this out! I have been wearing this piece for a couple of days and I think either it was painted over or someone got a light layer of white stuff light the consistency of dried pancake batter but very smooth like paint which is why I thought it was really soft material maybe on it because now that I have worn it and noticed the white stuff coming off and gently cleaned it with a little warm water and a touch of dawn this is what the stone looks like now!

2 Likes