Cortez H Ring

I have a Cortez H ring that is followed by the initials M.C. any ideas on this hallmark? I’m aware of Cortez H jewelry but am having trouble finding any background info.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks! Kristi

Images would be helpful, thank you.

I’ll try to upload again.

1 Like

Ok. J.W. Cortez is the artist? The M.C. I don’t know still. Here is a better pic. Claimed to be from the 1950s.

1 Like

It is a nice ring, definitely has some age. We think of hallmarks being more common after the 1950s, but you find pieces that have been marked from this time period. Maybe a shop name? Sorry I can not find anything on the mark, except a H. Cortez?

1 Like

I appreciate your help. I found Cortez mine aka fox mine. The stones mined there are strikingly similar to my stone. My guess is it came from that mine hence the Cortez. But it is just a guess.

Typically the mine is not part of the hallmark. The silversmith,shop or collaboration of artists would be “signatures” along with metal content, if pieces are new enough.

1 Like

Well darn it. I’m at a loss. Well it’s a nice ring and I’ll enjoy It! Thanks everyone for your help. I really appreciate it. :blush: