Cuff Bracelet— anyone know this maker?

Hi all! I purchased this bracelet because I thought it was so unique and I fell in love with it. That being said, it was sold to me as NA. This was one of my first purchases after moving to NM. I’ve asked people in town and at convention centers, however, most people think it’s Navajo but really can’t give me much feedback on it. After researching and learning much more anout NA jewelry, I don’t think this is NA. I’ve searched the hallmark and haven’t found a thing. At this point, i’m just really curious. I love it no matter if it’s NA or not. Thoughts?

4 Likes

Very cool cuff. It has some resemblance to Navajo but I also think it’s an artisan piece. I tried a google search on the hallmark to no avail but I didn’t search the cuff itself. Like the mixed metals and the use of the agate. I hope you enjoy wearing it. Maybe someone else will know more.

3 Likes

Yup, I agree with you. Thanks for your feedback. :blue_heart::pray:t4:

1 Like

What a unique cuff! To me it doesn’t look particularly like Native work, but I’m not as familiar with the more modern stuff out there. Do you trust the people you bought it from, and were they able to say why they believed it to be Navajo made?

2 Likes

I don’t really know the girl that much but I didn’t ask many questions because my heart was set on it. Supposedly it was from her grandmothers collection. :relieved:

2 Likes

I work with gold laced quartz and IMHO @LouFlynn , from the photo the center stone looks like a copper laced quartz cab, aka, copper in quartz. That would fit with the copper in the bracelet. A nice hand made piece in any case.

3 Likes

That’s great to know. I’ve been trying to find out about that stone with no luck as well. Thank you, Steve! :pray:t4::blue_heart: