Curious about an old bracelet, Age? Turquoise? Hallmark like a Knife or Sword? Native American? Value? Any Help would be appreciate. Thanks in advance. O

2 Likes

IMHO, looks to me like there was a repair at the hallmark location with residual solder, and what is left is likely only a partial.

3 Likes

Oh! I do see that there is a tiny crack at the rim. Interesting. Thank you. Any idea on age, or if its Native American or if its even turquoise?

1 Like

It definitely has a Navajo look, but Iā€™m not sure. I would guess the stones are turquoise that have had color change through the years, but I am not good at determining the age of jewelry. I really like the cuff!

2 Likes

Nice cuff and I really like the green turquoise. I would guess the age from around the 70ā€™s simply because I have cuffs from then that are very similar in design.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I have always wondered how long it takes a turquoise stone to change colors like that. I think a color change is quite amazing in itself!

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply. Green turquoise is a favorite of mine.

It varies on the hardness of the natural stone. Some take a while, but I had one happen pretty quickly, over a couple years time.

2 Likes