Did you note the pope's visit to canada?

seems I’m not the only one that thought his wearing a “war bonnet” was a bit odd .
what do you folks think?

Not sure how far this site wants to stray into this sort of subject matter, but it was placed on his head by an honorary indigenous chief and former commissioner of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. Consider, why don’t we, that they knew what they were doing.

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/rci/en/news/1900800/pope-apologizes-for-church-members-co-operation-with-government-on-residential-schools

5 Likes

Think I’ll pass on this one.

Sorry, can’t resist. Did he happen to be in the company of a cop and a construction worker?

6 Likes

too bad 5 stars is the top rating,cuz that was a six

2 Likes

??? :person_shrugging::person_shrugging: oh wait, you mean his comment is worth five stars. I’m a little slow on the uptake sometimes.

1 Like

Personally I don’t feel like criticizing the Pope when he was there trying to help right a wrong, and was given the headdress. When I was a tiny child, my family was at a Native American pow wow in Canada (they called them that then, don’t know what they’re called now, so I hope I’m not accused of being un pc) and one of the natives took me out dancing with them. I wouldn’t want someone to criticize that without knowing the background.

And I have pictures of myself at 3 wearing a teeny tiny headdress that we probably got there. I better hope no one gets their hands on those pics.

3 Likes

lol…more coffee,kid

yeah & I instantly remembered the tune (YMCA) but not the band’s name.

4 Likes

Village people!! :laughing::laughing:

Yes more coffee is always good…

3 Likes

day…ammm, of course that’s it.
thanks

2 Likes

Aaaaaannnd more coffee for you too!:laughing:

But I am inordinately good at remembering names of 70’s and 80’s groups, especially since I’m pretty much an 80’s girl for late hs and college (big hair and all). Totally (trying to say that with a Valley girl accent lol).

2 Likes

let’s try for a bit of context…how about I went out to california in a VW bus?

lmao

1 Like