Do I clean this piece or no?

I recently bought this but it’s dirty? Or is this patina make it valuable and I shouldn’t clean it? One thing I don’t want to do is destroy it’s value. It is signed and is stering silver.

2 Likes

if you plan to resell it, i suggest you leave it as is. You may reduce the value for many buyers by eliminating evidence of age. If you plan to keep, its a matter of personal taste. If it were mine, i would leave as is.

1 Like

I don’t plan to sell it at all. I do like how it looks it’s just that it does have I’m guessing food particles and hair? Hehe not really sure what it is. When I look at it through my loop.

find a picture of Buffalo Bill Cody wearing it. that would explain the patina, hair and food :grin:

I got hollared at real good for cleaning an unsigned unmarked child sized cuff. its gonna take another 100 years to reach that level of patina I polished away.

don’t do it.

4 Likes

Haha it does make sense. Okay I won’t clean it I will just wear it. Thanks

i mean, if it looks like it’s been barfed on, i think you could be forgiven for cleaning it. at the very very most, maybe a baby toothbrush and plain water to get the chunks off. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m diggin the jacket!

2 Likes