Do you recognize this signature G Nez (Ithink)

I have these earrings and it looks like the signature is g Nez, but can’t be sure. Anyone recognize the signature?

3 Likes

welcome to Turquoise People. We use to get jewelry from a Gary Nez, however his style was different. Possibly it is a J because it looks just like Jonathan Nez work, his hallmark he uses now is different. Maybe he had a different hallmark at some point.

2 Likes

I agree, the work does look very similar. I have another possibility provided by someone else…Julian Nez I have attached a picture of her signature too for you to compare to mine. The signature is really close. What do you think? Thank you for helping me with this.

1 Like

jnez

1 Like

I’ve seen that also, but I have seen the signature I posted and is also supposed to be Julian Nez. I am assuming that perhaps artist might change their signatures as the progress? What do you think?

1 Like

some observations.

from Jason’s picture above this is what Johnathan’s sig looks like

a search for other items attributed to Jonathan showed these

a search for Julian attributed items found these

Johnathan’s sig on the bracelet won’t fit on those earrings unless he has a backup for small jobs

that style with the round drops seems to be a thing with Nez tagged creations
here is Lorena Nez

2 Likes

I have a similar pair and they are marked Lorena Nez.

3 Likes

The Julian Nez signature I show seems to match my earrings better than any other. The J with the dot and the N are pretty distinctive. As to the changes ones signature goes thru, maybe the size of the jewelry makes a difference or just becoming more comfortable with a certain signature? Thanks for all the help!