Does it have any vaue?

Does a turquoise bracelet like this have any value when the turquoise is so busted up? I would think it still has some value based on the silver. It weighs three ounces exactly.

5 Likes

Oh I still think it’s lovely! I really don’t know how much things are worth, but if it’s an older piece I don’t think it’s as bad to have a cracked stone as in a newer piece. But that does look like chunks are missing. And I have no idea how old it is.

2 Likes

it could definitely have value - lots of collectors liek the old pieces with honest wear. is there a hallmark of any kind? that may impact value also.

2 Likes

::raises hand:: I’m one of those collectors that love pieces as you described! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Looks like a possible hallmark at the opening, can you make it out?

No, not a hallmark. Just some odd looking tarnish. I got a loupe out and checked. It is slightly big on my wrist. I can only wear over sweaters or long sleeve tops. Is there any sort of insets for cuff bracelets to make them smaller?

Thank you! I really liked it too. It was another estate find. I usually don’t purchase damaged rings or bracelets but I really liked the heavy feel and different colored stones. And I have a hard time passing up anything turquoise. I kinda like the older stuff as well. And at $100 it was within my budget.

1 Like

You could probably contact Jason at Perry Null Trading about replacing the damaged stone, if it’s loose. Shouldn’t be too expensive. They can probably fix that damaged wire in the back, too.

4 Likes

I have a small wrist, so what I do is put a little “peel and stick” foam weather stripping in non-show areas on the back side. It comes in different colors, widths and thicknesses. Not a pro tip by any means, but it often does the trick!

4 Likes

Ha! love it! I will have to try that!

1 Like

Not just the stone. The shank also has a crack fully through, on the middle bar. That’s problematic in the marketplace.

1 Like

That’s a cool idea. I’ve been using moleskin (for corns and callouses) but it doesn’t give you the option of thicknesses. It is soft and comfortable though and one side is adhesive. I had never thought of insulation. Thanks

3 Likes

I had Perry Null repair some pieces and I was extremely pleased with the result and the pricing.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! The stone is not loose, and the crack does not affect the wearability of the piece at all. Right now I’m not interested in selling the piece, I bought it to wear. But someday I may decide to sell it, so I was wondering about possible value.

1 Like