Dorothy Secatero thunderbird pendant

I have a large turquoise thunderbird pendant (3 1/2’ long, 3 1/4" wide). The turquoise is light blue with a lot of brown veining. It has the following hallmark: D SECATERO. I have learned that this hallmark is an early one for Dorothy Secatero (per her son Randy). Photos are attached. It weighs approximately 100 grams (3.5 oz) and was purchased in Albuquerque sometime in the early 80’s.

However, I have been unable to determine a value–I have only been able to find a couple of listings on the internet and none were close in size or similarity to the pendant I own. Is anyone familiar with her work or could estimate the approximate value?

4 Likes

Unhelpful me is just going to say: WOW. And WOW again. This is fantastic. And what mine did those stones come from?

1 Like

This is a really neat piece, and big. I want to call that turquoise Pilot Mountain, but not sure. You might get in touch with Bob at nevadagem.com and see what he thinks. If we had that piece here I imagine it would be $900 - $1200. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like