Eiteljorg Indian Art Market '22

Yep, that’s the one! If he had something like that I definitely would have bought it. The buckle anyway, those belts would have been out of my price range. But oh my! Aren’t they awesome! Especially the one on the far right. I see a cuff way up in the far right corner similar to one I considered buying before I decided on the one I have. It has the little u shaped marks all over it. He said those represent horse tracks. But it didn’t fit me right. I believe he said he could get just a couple more cuffs like mine out of the cast for it. As much as I love the horse buckle, I’ll prob wear this cuff more.

He didn’t appear to have as many items as in your pic. He told me his hands are hurting some. He was a very interesting, talkative fellow.
He wanted to look at my cuff (the frog one I posted here awhile ago), and when I told him I purchased it at Ogg’s, he said he’s been elk hunting with Jeff.

3 Likes

@Ziacat
The ring! The ring! The ring!
I’m dying over that Ithaca Peak ring!

1 Like

Thank you! I was ready to purchase something else and just happened to take a look at his booth. Glad I did! He also had some rings with Persian stones which were also pretty, but overall I like to buy stones from the southwest.

1 Like

So I was looking more closely at the band on the ring I bought. I turned it and voila! The stamps look like butterflies (or bats…noooo). The artist had a butterfly cuff and earrings so I’m thinking it was planned. Fun!

4 Likes

I snapped a picture of this for the artist. At the Eiteljorg Indian Art Market I told him I had some earrings of his, and he wanted me to send him a picture.

Being that there are a few other Ira Custer fans on here, I thought I would post it. I call them my shield of faith earrings!

4 Likes

Ira Custer sent me an email back that he remembered these earrings (when I talked to him at the market he couldn’t quite remember them so he wanted me to send him a picture). He said he still has the tufa mold, and it would make a great five piece necklace. Hmmm… might have to think about a birthday or a Christmas gift…:grin:

3 Likes

@Ziacat those earrings are awesome! If he still has the molds, would be interested in buying some!

1 Like

They are great, aren’t they! Unfortunately they’re a little heavy for me so I don’t wear them a lot, but I still love them. I do use the larger plastic circle backs, and then they stay on my ear better. When I get home I can DM you his email address if you would like.

1 Like

@Ziacat awesome…yes, please do! :grin:

Hi Xtina, I did message you his address. Just let me know if you didn’t get it, cuz sometimes I have trouble figuring things out since I’m technically challenged :flushed:

1 Like

@Ziacat have no fear, you did it right! Thank you very much!

1 Like