Ella Cowboy...could it be?

While looking up hallmarks for old Navajo pieces, I ran into a coral piece by Ella Cowboy with same Hallmark as one on my Pink mussel ( which i have for sale for $66 )Im thinking of keeping now.
,advice on match please, IMG_7513 IMG_7514 IMG_7518 IMG_7519 IMG_7520 ???

You really have to watch those single letter hallmarks a lot of people have used them over the years and everyone wants theirs to be the most famous one. Usually it’s not, assuming you can verify one way or the other who it is. Usually single letter hallmarks don’t get resolved unless there is some other symbol to go with the single letter.

1 Like

Thanks AC, that makes sense, I’ve seen a few of these rings and several different hallmarks, I could’t find any info on EC’s period of smithing, (?)I’ve had this since ‘88…,and
I do agree, unless there is another "marking’ factor, other than initial , its a safe bet to be careful… Appreciate the input!

Jason has said you can look at pieces from all the artist you can find that use the same
single letter hallmark as yours and sometimes find pieces that are similar to yours. This is a reasonable idea but it takes time, and still, maybe you get no anwsers. Good Luck!

:slightly_smiling_face: Thanks!!!